'tis the season

>> Sunday, November 8, 2009

things are so much easier when you know what to expect. i love my traditions. new year's with hailey, easter brunch at unk's, yellow cake with chocolate frosting for my birthday, being in charge of the torch on the fourth of july, carving pumpkins with the fam, the way my aunties always know i like to put the marshmallows on the yams, the deli tray put out for dinner on christmas eve and taking my little cousins out on the hunt for rudolph's nose in the sky. things change, though. i'm all for trying new things, but it's hard to change what i know. when it comes down to it, i don't think it's so hard because of the actual changes being made, the new things i have to try. it's hard because i know it's never going to be the same. and i'm afraid i might forget.

2 comments:

ali November 8, 2009 at 6:16 AM  

I think you should watch it.
I really want to watch it, but I don't own it...yet.

It is such a magical/girly movie.

The Snarky Narwhal November 8, 2009 at 6:41 AM  

I don't think you will forget it. Change can be a good thing but I understand. I'm a creature of habit. I always get the same thing. Only very recently did my taste buds change slightly.

Hope you had a great weekend!

search me

  © Free Blogger Templates Wild Birds by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP