because lobsters can't cook

>> Monday, August 17, 2009

i remember looking forward to making this cake for me and my roommates the whole drive from the Bay to SLO. delicious brown sugar topping, caramelized pineapple rings with cherries in the centers, all on top of the fluff of a buttery yellow cake. it was all coming together wonderfully. i successfully melted the butter and sugar together without burning myself like last time and the cake rose without overflowing out of the pan.

i pulled it out of the oven and let it cool for a bit. i grabbed a plate big enough for my cake to sit and put on a pair of green oven mitts. placing the plate over the pan i prepared myself to turn this pineapple upside down cake right side up. mid-flip, the pan slipped out of my sock puppet hands and delicious buttery goodness landed all over the kitchen counter. i pieced together what i could, but i lost my appetite as the image of the cake i had in my head disappeared. and that is why lobsters can't cook.

2 comments:

Holly August 17, 2009 at 11:44 PM  

You did change your name. :)

That's a sad waste. It took me far too long to figure out the lobster bit! I thought you were quoting something at first...but I was so delighted when I did figger it.

The Snarky Narwhal August 18, 2009 at 12:10 PM  

i'm sorry it fell, but it still looks yummy ^. ^

One time i made the last of the pasta and sauce and i was going to top it off with Parmesan. I shaking the cheesy goodness when my sister walked in and told me it was old. I stopped and just looked at her. The Parmesan cheese was a year old. I had to throw the whole thing away I was so upset.

search me

  © Free Blogger Templates Wild Birds by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP