post-its from last summer

>> Monday, June 29, 2009


radiohead: weird fishes/arpeggi

it's the early AM and i'm in the deepest ocean. the bottom of the sea. i'm stuck in that tired but restless place, where you can either give in to the pressure of your eyelids closing or stay awake anxiously awaiting the night to happen. this was one of my favorite songs when i first listened to in rainbows. such a perfect title, too. the notes of each song swirling in and out of your ears like rain dripping on the windshield of a car as the wipers swish back and forth across the glass.


i can see that JUMBO stage at outside lands engulfing the band playing the music they believed in so much they didn't care if they sold it for nothing. their passion professed in the the middle of golden gate park, the multicolored lights like strands of rain frozen in a storm, and the arpeggiated notes swiftly hitting my ears. it was all i needed in that moment. with my dad by my side, that was it. perfection.

3 comments:

The Snarky Narwhal June 29, 2009 at 7:23 AM  

such beautiful words! I'll listen to the song later. I've heard one song from radiohead and liked it but I can't remember the title of the song.

JAMIE June 29, 2009 at 11:52 AM  

you need to hear more! i'm going to compile a list of radiohead songs that everyone should hear and then i'll post them for you cuz they're amazing.

Holly June 29, 2009 at 8:55 PM  

James you amaze me.

:it's the early AM and i'm in the deepest ocean. the bottom of the sea. i'm stuck in that tired but restless place, where you can either give in to the pressure of your eyelids closing or stay awake anxiously awaiting the night to happen.:

This, it's so true and interesting. Your words are perfect; I know exactly what you mean.

search me

  © Free Blogger Templates Wild Birds by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP