in and out of weeks, and almost over a year

>> Tuesday, February 9, 2010

my thoughts are heavy with

shoulda coulda wouldas.
i don't know where they began
but more importantly,
i can't figure out where they'll end.
soon i hope.
tonight is quiet and my thoughts persist.
i lay here wishing for a storm to come.
rain hitting the roof with my room below
rumbling thunder rolling over this town
wrapping me up
tucking me in.
these thoughts full of worry
bombard my head
just as soon as it hits the pillow.
dreams peek through
but i don't want those either.
i just want sleep.

4 comments:

Holly February 9, 2010 at 7:46 AM  

I know. Sleep just needs to be empty sometimes. Goneness.

The Snarky Narwhal February 13, 2010 at 9:11 PM  

that sounds nice, ditto with cuileann, I wish my mind would shut off sometimes or quite talking to i can sleep.

the rogue hobbit March 17, 2010 at 5:00 PM  

This is beautiful. I think rain on the roof and windowpanes is one of the best balms for grief.

jaxbringsthefacts May 24, 2010 at 2:44 PM  

i need to read your blog more often!!!! so many gems in here, you are an amazing thinker.

search me

  © Free Blogger Templates Wild Birds by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP