the (most recent) soundtrack of my life

>> Friday, October 2, 2009

i feel like it's been a pretty solid month. throughout the past few weeks several songs have been shuffling in and out of my mind. my recent love for/obsession with some of these songs is a little embarrassing to admit, but here we go (in no particular order)...


1. empire state of mind: jay-z feat. alicia keys (the vma performance made me want to go to new york...where dreams are made of)
2. L.E.S. Artistes: santigold
3. heartbeats: jose gonzalez (a cover of the knife's more electro original)
4. she wolf: shakira (except this video is a little too freaky)
5. wise up: amiee mann (this video is from the movie magnolia)
6. chan chan: buena vista social club
7. let's get it on: marvin gaye (seriously, this song is way too good. one of my favorite movie scenes of all time is this one from high fidelity where jack black covers this classic)
8. elevator love letter: stars (the opening chords and the bassline that skips right along side with it, aaahhhh. superb)
9. love song: the cure (i once had the pleasure of playing this song for a youth event at my church. love the bassline. 311 does a really nice cover, too)
10. your hand in mine: explosions in the sky (lyricless and beautiful)
11. post-war: m. ward (you gotta really listen to the lyrics)
12. skeleton boy: friendly fires (i know i've posted this video before, but it never gets out of my head)
13. good girls go bad: cobra starship (i lovelovelove everything about this video)
14. good ol' fashion nightmare: matt & kim (definitely would have been my number one must-see band at outside lands this year. unfortunately i was too broke to buy a ticket)
15. party in the usa: miley cyrus (the first song i've ever liked from her. just makes you wanna dance, i swear)
16. we are not a football team: minus the bear (always)
17. ready for the floor: hot chip (check out the video!!)
18. let's stay together: al green (there's a special place in my heart for al green. for some reason i really started liking him my freshman year of high school. that year one of my favorite christmas presents was a cd of his greatest hits)
19. best i ever had: drake (i hated it at first, but it's become a sort of anthem among my friends)
20. sweet dreams: beyonce (she's too good for her own good)

3 comments:

the rogue hobbit October 2, 2009 at 10:56 PM  

I love heartbeats! Good choice. :]

The Snarky Narwhal October 3, 2009 at 9:30 AM  

I have to admit I like the sweet dreams by beyonce.

I'm going to listen to all of these later!!

Have an amazing weekend dear! <3

Katie October 6, 2009 at 8:33 PM  

Great links thanks for these!

x

search me

  © Free Blogger Templates Wild Birds by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP