the adventures of mash pit and james

>> Thursday, June 18, 2009

finding that last poem and a satisfying day with one of my favorite buds has motivated me to give it another shot and try my hand at poetry once again.


just what i needed
this is us never skipping a beat
back on the beach
where i found God in three genuine friends and your guitar

cleaner than my teeth WHITE with a sparkle in the smile

just the two of us
touching on our recent troubles
and the more unrecent but ample memories that define our friendship

BLUE crystal gems found deep in a cave

picking up each others' sentences
dropped in conversations with strangers that don't belong in "us"
but are amused by our inside jokes whose origins are sometimes unknown
even to me and you

sun-dried tomato RED in the heat of summer

i fill you in on all the things i've kept tucked away
and you tell me that you're proud of me
i needed that

oil slick Barrabas hair BLACK

and it's just the two of us
while the other two are halfway around the world
making the differences we expected them to make
but we pick up right where we left off

SILVER

never skipping a beat

4 comments:

Holly June 18, 2009 at 7:26 AM  

mashka, mashka! this is perfect for you two...it makes me happy.

Anonymous July 23, 2009 at 12:34 PM  

Wow this is so amazing :) it made me homesick I love you james!!

search me

  © Free Blogger Templates Wild Birds by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP